How can I scan a QR code?
Created on 10 July, 2023 • FAQ • 1 minutes read
Scanning a QR code is easy and can be done using a smartphone or tablet with a camera. Here are the steps you can follow to scan a QR code:
- Download a QR code scanner: Although some smartphones and tablets already have a built-in QR code scanner in their standard camera app or a dedicated app, you may need to download a QR code scanner app from your smartphone or tablet's app store (Google Play Store for Android or Apple App Store for iOS).
- Open QR code scanner: Open the QR code scanner app or the camera app with built-in QR code scanning functionality on your smartphone or tablet.
- Focus the camera on the QR code: Hold your smartphone or tablet so that the camera is pointed directly at the QR code. Make sure the code is fully visible in the camera view. Most QR code scanners automatically recognize and scan the code without you having to press a button.
- Wait for the information: After scanning the QR code, the app will process the information and direct you to the linked content, such as a website, contact details or other information stored in the QR code.
If you experience problems scanning a QR code, try the following tips:
- Make sure the lighting is good and that there are no shadows or reflections on the code.
- Try adjusting the distance between your smartphone or tablet and the QR code to help the camera focus.
- Make sure the QR code is not damaged or distorted, which may make scanning difficult.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the QR code scanner app installed.